So in reviewing this blog last night I've been really, brutally honest with details regarding my life. Eesh. But if I'm going to do this, it isn't going to be half-assed. Including the amount of swearing just in case you were wondering. So I'm going to share with all of you, dear readers, the good, the bad, and the ugly of my dating life. If you are someone who is in my life, your anonymity will be protected via pseudonym. Be assured I only write REALLY nasty things about people I actively dislike! I kid, really. I swear.
So when we last checked in, KHG had just gotten dumped by the Pugilist, had an epiphany that he came into her life to release her from SB, and was puttin' on her lipstick and heading back out into the dating game. Oh Lord, is it a game. A rather brutally nasty one, let me tell you.
Let us remember that KHG is in her very early 40s and has never married and no kids. But the dating pool of men is full of divorced guys with kids. Ok. That's fine by me. I'd like to be with someone who has kids. Then I start thinking about the fact that these potential mates have already failed at being someones mate once (or twice-who knows?) and have made other human beings with their first or second wives-I won't go for a third-and are now back out there looking for mate number two or three. If I think too long about it I feel like my head is going to explode. Why? Because let's say I potentially marry one of them. I'm not only marrying that person but in a way their ex-mates as well. And if there are children then they become my step-kids, which I really do want. Let's just hope that their mother/ex-wife is super cool.
Then I think I'm probably over thinking this, right? Right. Everything will be just fine. I just have to remember to breathe. Then I think to myself Gwen never had to put up with this shit. But she had to corral Gavin Rossdale into marrying her-not an easy task. He was a bit wild back in the day. If that can be accomplished, anything can. Just another reason why Gwen is the consummate goddess with a smokin' hot husband, two beautiful kids and some amazing abs.
Nope, you're not overthinking it. If in your shoes I would have those same thoughts. I don't envy you. I was very happy in my marriage, but after reading your blog I am EXTREMELY happy to be married and it makes me want to do everything in my power to stay that way. I am so very sorry about the Pugilist. I was hoping he was a keeper, but at least you're looking at all the positives. Maybe The One is right around the corner.
ReplyDeleteI believe he is. Be VERY happy you are not out there. It is brutal.
ReplyDelete