Wednesday, January 16, 2013

An Argentinian Dinner Date...part 1

Like I've said before, KHG has had some pretty god awful taste in men.  So it deeply surprised her and made her a bit nervous, in a good way, that the Pugilist wanted to take her out to dinner.

So, the Saturday before Chrsitmas he shows up at my house looking ready to go out to dinner while I'm sitting there in jeans.  We go back and forth on what we want to eat, and he decides on Argentinian food.  I then tell him I have to go get ready.  He looks at me in horror and says "What!  You no ready???"  I then proceed to ask him how long he was married before.  I got a lot of mumbling in Italian as my response.  I tell him I'll be 20 minutes, tops.  Ok, we all know THAT is a big 'ol lie but still...

Jump in the shower, due all the necessary girl shower stuff.  Jump out and then proceed to stand in front of my closet for 15 minutes trying to put an outfit together.  This is what I came up with: a long black maxi skirt, Banana Republic grey shell, and this black/white/gray striped shawl thing that has sleeves.  I wear it with my 3" black shoe boots, one pearl bracelet and my pearl studs.

As for hair and makeup, I usually have worn my hair up around him, so I decided this evening to wear it down and curly.  KHG was blessed with thick, wavy hair (even the Pugilist has acknowledged how much hair I have) and as for makeup I break out the good stuff-NARS.

Now I know I'm getting close to the 40 minute mark, and there's nothing I can do sans getting a plastic surgeon in here to make me look better.  I grab my jacket and walk downstairs.  I am greeted with "you look beautiful" as he helps put my coat on.  And I do feel beautiful, for him, that is.  He takes my hand and leads me to the car.  He opens my car door, closes it, gets in on his side, and we are off.  Like on a real date.  Like adults.  How very odd... 

#####But always in the background I can hear "You Push and Shove, I take the bait, its a risky business gonna play it anyway#####  Interpret that as you will dear readers.

Next time, on KHG Argentinian Dinner Date, part 2


No comments:

Post a Comment