KaliHawkeyeGirl or KHG for short lives in an unnamed Southern California City that is pretty damn boring. KHG is in her very early 40s, and until her lovely hairdresser stepped in and demanded she join one of those icky Internet dating sites, KHG had given up on love. Join KHG on her sometimes pointless, maybe fruitless but always darkly comical journey to find her true love.
Sunday, January 20, 2013
Splat
Well dear readers it has been a contemplative time here at KHG HQ. Our last post, we shared with you going out to an actual dinner with the Pugilist. We had discussed the Pugilist coming over and making turkey stew. KHG thought things were going well with the Pugilist.
Let's go back and see, well hear what our muse Gwen has to say:
"You Push and Shove-I take the bait-It's a risky business gonna play it anyway..."
Yep. I took the bait. Knowing it was a risky business but I wanted to play the game. And I did. Play the game that is-and I lost. The Pugilist is no more. Yes, I got dumped. Do you remember in Sex And The City (my straight male readers, if I have any, might want to turn to ESPN"s Sports Center right now because you obviously never watched Sex And The City-my gays stay right there with me please) when Carrie gets dumped via post-it note? Review the above video clip to refresh your memory.
Then watch the second video directly above, which is about what KHG looked like, except she wasn't rockin' a fabulous blow out like Carrie, while she was on the phone with her friends explaining that she had gotten dumped via TEXT! WTF??? I mean seriously? You couldn't actually call me and dump me? Or say it to my face? Did I mention the part where it was me who had to text him because I hadn't heard from him in four days? Look, I never said I was the guy's wife, but when you have contact with someone on a daily basis and then they just bail out for four days, you kind of tend to get concerned. So I guess that was my welcome to the dating world ala 2013. Phew...Deep breath in... And let it out... Ahhhhhh... I feel much better now.
So after being dumped via text, I had to do some thinking. Some rather introspective thinking. I believe people come into our lives for a reason. Don't worry-I'm not going to get all self-help bullshit on you here, just listen. I believe the Pugilist came into my life to release me from Surfer Boy. Remember him? If not, I cover him in the 12/19/12 post-a brief overview of him-He's the one who broke my heart and picked a 65 yr old woman who looks like a real estate agent and buys her pantyhose at the grocery store-the kind that come in a plastic egg.
Anyway, to be set free from SB I had to choose to be happy with someone else. And I did. It was short lived, but I was happy. I was shown great kindness (except for the dumping via text-I'm rather bitter about that), treated like the consummate lady, told I was beautiful about a zillion times and had someone generally enjoy being with me. It was just a fast and furious burn. But it was supposed to be. There will be someone else. I can feel it. Maybe that person will be "The One" or maybe he'll just be another fast burn. Only time will tell. Because trust me, nothing is ever boring around KHG HQ. Ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment