Saturday, December 29, 2012

Contemplation/Primordial and the Rain...

Here at KHG HQ there has been quite a lot of contemplation going on.  Not only in the romantic department, but also in the what the fuck am I going to with my life department.  Trust me, that isn't a fun thing to think about. 

I had mentioned before that I'm a poet.  Now wait.  Don't stop reading yet.  They are pretty damn good.  They certainly aren't gushy, that's for sure.  So I have decided to share one with you, dear readers.  In doing so, I would like to ask you all a huge favor.  Could I get at least one, teeny, tiny, measly COMMENT about the poem?  Or a COMMENT about the other blogs?  I know you guys are out there...Help KHG out!



Primordial

I welcome

The Darkness and

The Cold

 I want the rain

To come in torrents

The absolute blackness

Comforts me

 

I think of the waves

Pounding on the shore

The ones

That you cannot have

 

Perhaps nature planned

To take away what you love

Due to the destruction

You wrought upon me


With each passing day

My abject sadness

Has started to boil

You came and took

What you wanted

Leaving nothing

In your wake


Except the memories

Your smell

Your touch

Those eyes

That took it all in

Your devilish smile

The want

The need

The unending ache

 

In the deepest

Recesses

Of my mind

You live

And I cannot

Evict you

Try as I might

You climbed into

My soul


Yet once where

There was light

All there is

Is a Primordial darkness

That envelopes me

Like a warm cloak

I wrap myself up

In it

Creating a cocoon

Protection from the World?

Or Protection from You?


Now dear readers, can you guess who that was written about?  Hmmm... He's been mentioned on here. Here's a hint: It is NOT The PUGILIST!!!  I wrote that poem last March.  If you leave a comment, which I truly hope you do, tell me who he is and I'll think up something you can win.  But it has to be the first commenter!  

For now dear readers, KHG needs some peace.  Ciao for now.

*****NEXT TIME, ON KHG:  The First Date...Parte Seconda.  Don't miss it because this is where the juicy stuff happens!


2 comments:

  1. I know, I know. I prefer to call him the asshole or liar, but I know exactly who you wrote about. That man wasn't worth your heartache. Beautiful poem, unfortunately for a man that didn't deserve it. Hopefully the pugilist will bring out happier poems and times...Maybe 2013 be your happiest thus far. Good things are ahead for you. Happy New Year and please continue to entertain us with your wonderful writing. It's going to be part of my morning routine...Exercise, check, make protein shake, check, get to work, check, check bank accounts, check, read Kalihawkeyegirl blog, check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. KHG is deeply moved by your comment. Seriously:) And 2013 is my year!

    ReplyDelete